Mike Tapper, PhD, Chair
The Division of Religion offers a BA in Religion with concentrations in Bible, Children’s Ministry, Christian Ministry, Christian Worship, New Testament Greek, Sports Ministry, and Youth Ministry. At the center of our academic enterprise is the Word of God…the Living Word and the written Word. Our overall goal is for our students to be transformed by Christ, the Living Word, and live transformed lives as evidenced by the values, priorities, and personal witness of those who have answered God’s call. Then equipped to study and teach the written Word of God, they will be prepared to serve Christ and His church as pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, worship pastors, missionaries, and other ministry leaders.
The learning outcome objectives for those obtaining the BA in Religion are that students will:
- demonstrate spiritual growth and accountability,
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Bible,
- demonstrate knowledge of basic theological concepts,
- be able to communicate God’s truth in order to make disciples, and
- understand human development (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) and grow in the ability to minister in ways that are developmentally and contextually appropriate.
Those preparing for ordination or other ministry credentialing in The Wesleyan Church should consult with their academic advisor to make sure they complete all of the academic requirements for those credentials.
ProgramsBachelor of Arts